You know the feeling. You're sitting in your laundry room with a pile of dirty clothes, and you realize that it's been weeks since you've done any laundry. And now you have to do a load or two before going out for the evening. Or worse yet, tomorrow morning is looming and you still need to wash a few loads. Sound familiar? The solution: Laundromats! Laundromats are ideal for people who don't want to waste time doing their own washing at home. In this blog post we'll give tips about the benefits of going to a laundromat.
- Laundromats are cheaper than home laundry. Laundry services vary based on different factors. Laundromats typically charge around $1-5 per load, whereas some home laundry products can run upwards of ten times that amount. Laundromats often have unlimited washer/dryer usage hours, so you don't have to worry about laundry piling up. Laundromats provide a wide variety of washers and dryers, including larger capacity machines to accommodate large loads or bulky items. Laundromats also offer a variety of laundry detergents and fabric softeners to choose from, whereas home products tend to have several similar options with only slight differences.
- Laundromats save you utility costs. Laundromats use commercial laundry equipment designed to handle large volumes of laundry quickly. Laundering machines in laundromats are typically energy-efficient, saving you money on utility costs at home.
- You do not need to use as much laundry detergent at a laundromat. You use significantly less laundry detergent at a laundromat because the laundry machine agitates and spins much faster than a home washer does. Laundry machines in a laundromat also typically have a "super" or "extra" cycle which allows you to add more detergent for an even larger cleaning boost.
- When you leave the laundromat, all you have to do is put your clothes away when you get home. With folding tables, it makes it easy to fold your clothes. Most people when they do laundry at home leave their clothes in the dryer for a long time. Then after a day or a week, they fold them. When you're at the laundromat, you can't leave your clothes in the dryer for as long as you like because people are waiting to use machines.
- It is good people-watching. Laundromats are somewhere you can go to people-watch. Laundromats are busy so it's also good to socialize with people doing laundry while you wait for your clothes in the dryer or wait for a washer/dryer. Laundry rooms are full of people, and there is always someone different every time you visit.
Finally, sometimes we just need an excuse not to do chores around the house.